Saturday, August 21, 2004

A Universal Humorjoke Just for You

Once upon a time, a frog decided that he wanted to upgrade to a luxury lilypad. So, he went to his local bank and waited on line to see a teller. Finally, he got to the front of the line. He glanced at the teller's nametag and then made his pitch.

"Miss Black," he said, "I'd like to borrow some money."

"Please, call me Patty," she replied. "What do you have for collateral?"

The frog reaches into his fannypack and pulls out a little kitschy statuette of Jesus helping some lucky little girls with their gymnastics routines. The teller takes the statuette and peers at it intensely.

"I don't know about this," she says. "I'll have to ask my supervisor. Please, follow me. He's in his office right now."

Patty leads the frog down a long hallway. She knocks on a heavy mahogany door.

"Come!" booms the the boss.

Patty approaches the boss and whispers in his ear. The boss thinks for a moment, then stands and throws an arm around the frog's shoulders. He claps Patty on the back, declaring:

"It's a knick-knack, Patty Black! Give the frog a loan!"


No comments: