Saturday, October 23, 2004

Oh Happy Day, Calloo Callay, Now Let Us All Go Out and Play

Howdy folks! My bikini line is waxed and i open for business. I mean, ready to rumble. I mean, um, WOO! Josh and I will be pursuing another Radurday Night tonight (See previous post).

Last Wednesday I had the opportunity to wax snarkily on the 40 Most Awesomely Bad #1 Songs, and, of course, "We Built This City" was on the list. Now, those of you who are longterm readers know just how much i love this song -- not only can i deconstruct it at length, but i carefully crafted the perfect S.F. moment during which I drove (!) across the Golden Gate Bridge, blasting this song, sitting next to this awesome boy on whom I was crushing madly. I am no longer crushing on awesome boy, who has gone back to ex-girlfriend. But I am still in love with We Built This City. Snarking was difficult, but once I summoned the power, it was rather freeing. Spiritually and emotionally and physically, yo.

Now, I know this song like I know my fave masturbational fantastasies (a couch!) and thus, the lyrics are quite familiar to me. But, whilst writing an intended-to-be-smartly-titillating email to a new very-smart acquaintance of mine, I realized I wasn't so sure -- was it "Who rides the wrecking ball in two part guitar" or "who rides the wrecking ball in two chord guitar?" So I googled it.

And, if the results are interesting to anyone other than me, so be it. But I am personally amused beyond belief, thus I share.

Discrepancies Between the Lyrics, According to the Interweb, of "We Built This City:"


(we all know it's Marconi who plays the mambo, right? just checking.)

Who plays the mambo?
This website: Ma Coley plays the mamba


What about our guitars?
This website: Who rides the wrecking ball into our guitars
This website: Who rides the wrecking ball in two rock guitars
The "Ma Coley" website: Who writes the wrecking ball in two wild guitars?

I shall stop, lest I bore you from ever revisiting me. Well if you got the toco, well we just lost beat.

No comments: