Monday, November 01, 2004

But You Don't Believe We're on the Eve of ... Reconstruction

alternate title: "It's Been A Bad Day, Please Don't Take my Picture."

So today was a roughie-toughie and so I'm allowing my brain to dally in pleasant pastures of imagination ... a world in which, let's say, Kerry wins the election and life becomes awesome.

Here's what I'd really like. I'd really like to meet a boy with whom I get along famously and we feel a mutual spark of attraction but we are also really interested in making a quirky little documentary that will ostensibly be about our travels through small towns across America and the unification that ensues when we sing folk songs with the old-timers, but which will also be about the development of our relationship and the deconstruction of the urban-rural dichotomy and how America functions. And thus we hit the road, Jack. And fall in love. And make an awesome movie with a kickass soundtrack, a few solid catchphrases, and philosophical weltanshaung that mixes pop culture with mythology and sociology.

That would sure be nice.

No comments: