Sunday, February 13, 2005

... and This Part of the Grammys Doesn't Suck

... I never really liked Melissa Etheride before tonight, but after she fucking RIPPED "Take a Piece of My Heart" during the Janis Joplin tribute at the Grammys, I am now convinced that Melissa Etheridge is totally fucking kickawesome tough. She tore that song up, and she did it bald. I know she's been battling breast cancer and I think it's so fucking awesome/rad/admirable that she performed at the Grammys in her bald-headed cancer-battling glory.

Remember on Sex in the City when Samantha took off her wig at that breast cancer luncheon and then all the ladies at the luncheon ripped off their wigs in a gesture of solidarity and affirmation and truth?

Melissa Etheridge at the Grammys was like that, only a million times more awesome. You go, Melissa Etheridge. You rock.

I heart Melissa Etheridge and the fact that she's not afraid of anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bex --

I said the EXACT same thing to myself after Melissa Etheridge completely TORE up the stage, paying tribute to Janis Joplin. I mean...I never knew she was that good?!? Plus -- and this is gonna sound strange/different -- her lack of hair made her eyes look extremely pretty. I gotta believe she wouldn't mind hearing that!

Plantation said...

Agreed. Great song and she did a great song justice. I hate Joss Stone. But even she did a nice job with Cry Baby.