Saturday, March 12, 2005

KICKAWESOME Brand New Video for "We Didn't Start The Fire"

Holy sweet Jesus, this is my dream come true. I heart "We Didn't Start The Fire"

Check it on out -- someone made a video for W.D.S.T.F. using actual images of everything in the song, including some snarky commentary and subliminal messages.

Why didn't this exist in 1990, when I was so obsessed with the song but I had to go through the lyrics with my mom and dad and ask them about all the things I didn't know (what's a pasternak? what's chou-en-lai? what's british politician sex? who is begin? what's a panmoujon? etc.) I was in sixth grade, so sue me.

The thing about this song is that it was my gateway to realizing I possessed the superhero ability of talking backwards. And because the talking-backwards thing has had such a ginormous impact on my life, I shall treasure W.D.S.T.F for always.

No comments: