Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Salacious Uncle Baldrick

Greetings, friends and tigers and chickadeedees --
You must, MUST, go see The Salacious Uncle Baldrick! It's in the Fringe Festival and it's hi-fucking-larious.

My friend Kenan and his buddy Sean wrote this play and it's brilliant. I hate to say "spoof" because that sounds sophmoric, but it's kinda like a spoof/satire on the Importance of Being Earnest / Moliere / French Farce theatrical conceits and it's just so smart and so intelligent and so bawdy and so awesomely funny. And when was the last time you saw a piece of theatre -- THEATRE! not improv or sketch or standup -- that had you laughing so hard you like unto fell out of your seat?

I tell you, I like unto fell out of my seat.

See the show! Buy tickets!You have only a few chances:
Saturday, August 13: 9:45 PM - 11:25 PM
Sunday, August 14: 5:15 PM - 6:55 PM
Tuesday, August 16: 6:30 PM - 8:10 PM
Thursday, August 18: 6:30 PM - 8:10 PM
Saturday, August 20: 2:00 PM - 3:40 PM

I'll be at the show on August 18th, yeehaw!
Plus, as an added bonus, the STAR of my I Love the 80s 3D spot, Josh Perilo, is in the play! Worlds collide! Or rather, I cast someone I already knew as the star of my spot! Bwa ha ha haha! He's so awesome! He was in Mr. A$$ back in the day, my faverave UCB troupe of all time!

No comments: