Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Trapped in the AWESOME

Om. my. stars. I love this so much.

So. R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet. Perhaps you've read the cliff notes. And, sweet spatula, it's so good.

We were watching it in the office today and my officemate was agog and incredulous that this might actually be a real piece of music, intended to be sincere. She couldn't believe anyone might actually discuss a midget shitting himself in a real song. And I told her that I think it was, actually, intended maybe kinda sorta to be taken seriously. Hence the brilliant DVD commentary. And just general brilliance. I mean, geez louise, blow me offa my knees, it's just the most goll darn entertaining thing I've ever watched. The horrid lip syncing, the mindboggling epic story, all of it - it's so genius bad that it transcends to a new level of genius. Because it is damn difficult to make anything more entertaining, more eyeball-glueable, more water-cooler-gossip-inducing than In the Closet.

A tip of the hat to you, R. Kelly.
If I ever have babies, please don't pee on them.

No comments: