Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Whole New Category

And that category is "Amazingly, Astoundingly Horribly Awesome."

my boy jim over at Stereogum has unearthed the worst/best, most horribly awesome thing i've ever heard: "Hump My Tunnel."
it's one of the year's best songs mashed up with the WORST SONG IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.
arcade fire + b.e.p. = MY EARDRUMS ARE MELTING. and yet, they're melting in the worst/best way. It's so awesomely bad, it's almost awesomely amazing. because it's soooooooooo godawful. because I'm amazed at how something composed half-ly of something awesome could be this drecky. DAMN YOU, FERGIE, and your stupid lady lumps. For the record, if anyone EVER refers to any part of me as a lump or a hump, I shall slap that person silly, preferably with a large, stinky-rotten fish.

Jim's post also includes the phrase "audible question mark," which comes from our mutual friend Josh, who's the mastermind behind all creative turns of phrase, such as "I never meta postmodernist..." and my all-time fave, "kickawesome."

But anyway. About this mashup. It's so confusing.
Because your brain goes:
THIS IS SO BAD
BUT YET I AM SO CONFUSED
BECAUSE I AM ACTUALLY STIMULATED BY ITS HORRIBLENESS
BRAIN KINDA LIKES THE PAIN
BECAUSE NOW BRAIN UNDERSTANDS
"ULTIMATE BAD."

1 comment:

Ms. Lori said...

So glad to know I'm not the only one hating the humps.

I HATE THE HUMPS! My God, the humps...