Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Olympic Fever to the Fucking Max

Oh my stars, I've watched so much Olympic goodness (everything but hockey!) that Olympics joy is oozing from my pores. To that extent, I have helpfully written words to the Olympics theme song:

(the majestic part)
It's the Olympics Games now
Let's all watch sports
That we normally wouldn't watch
It's the Olympics Games now
I like in Pairs
When the guy holds the girl in the crotch

(and now the faster, more upbeat section)
There's skating and skiing
And, ooh!!! There's the biathlon!
There's hockey and curling
And outfits that look like Tron.
There's sledding and luging
And skeleton on your face, yeah.
There's snowboard and slalom
And outfits from outer space.



(the astute noter remarks that I am quite caught up in Olympics fashion. It's true - the athletes often look like outerspace superheroes and that means I'll watch speed skating anytime. And of course, I have seen every Figure Skating performance at least five times, thanks to the awkwardly delicious "crackling good television" that is Olympic Ice (on USA every day at 6pm) -- it's JUST figure skating, and they usually have a lot of extra time to fill, which means playing and re-playing not only Olympics 2006 skating events, but they often throw in Skating's Greatest Hits and show Brian Boitano's '88 Calgary performance, or other such goodies. And they usually do a fauxstalgic montage of the day's events, most often involving Jamie Sale and David Pelletier being tools, eh.)

No comments: