Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Right Now, Bex is Having Trouble Catching that Extra Hour of Sleep

So, just the other day, I caught the video for Van Halen's "Right Now" on the ol' VH1 Classic. And I fondly remembered just how much I enjoyed watching that video when it came out in 1991 - right in the heyday of my MTV-watching years. Now, I'm not so much a fan of the Cabo Wabo Van Halen era, preferring Diamond Dave to the guy who can't drive 55. In fact, I'm not so much of a Van Halen fan - I'll sing along to "Jump" on the radio, but really, who doesn't -- which is why it was TOTALLY BIZARRE that every time I saw this video, when they got to the bit that goes "Right Now, Van Halen is planning a world tour," (at about :56 in) I would be hit with a total mega frisson of excitement. Why did I get so stoked that Van Halen was planning a world tour? I have no fracking clue. But IT STILL HAPPENS TO ME, EVEN NOW!

2 comments:

Boobs Radley said...

does this make anybody else pine for Crystal Pepsi?

Anonymous said...

"MTV" needs to change their name. They seldom play "Music".

Free Yourself!
http://www.tvbgone.com