Wednesday, August 08, 2007

FUCK ME WITH A HANDSAW

Geez louise! My typically 15-minute commute to work took me an hour and fifteen minutes. But at least I made it in. I'm cutting (yet another) Baio spot today and this place is a GHOST TOWN. Like, tumbleweeds style. For those of you who aren't in the NYC vicinity, there was some super duper evil weather and the subways aren't running and the buses are so crammed they're not even stopping. The mayor is actually telling people to stay home because there's no way that mass transit can get you where you need to go.

So I spent an eternity crammed like a sardine into a subway car with no a/c. I felt like a poor moo-cow on its way to slaughter. As did everyone else on train, which kept stopping for 20 minutes in between stations, which of course freaks me out because every time my subway stops between stations, my brain instantly assumes that there's another terrorist attack going or perhaps aliens have destroyed the city (it happens). But, no such thing -- just an aging infrastructure that can't support the sheer volume of commuters. Oh, the humanity.

No comments: