Monday, December 10, 2007

When You Say "Tilda Swinton," I Say "The Woman With the Vanilla Dress from DON'T EAT THE PICTURES."

So Josh says "blah blah Tilda Swinton" and I said, "To me, Tilda Swinton is the lady in the painting from when Sesame Street Goes to the Museum."

A little research, and it turns out "Sesame Street Goes to the Museum" is actually called "Don't Eat the Pictures." So then I just had to watch "Don't Eat the Pictures" on Youtube.


And then I just had to take a screengrab of the painting:

... and then I made close-up of the screengrab and sent it to my boyfriend, my friend Matt, and my mother, all of whom said it was a Modigliani. So i looked up Modigliani paintings, and found this:

So then, armed with an actual copy of the lady in the vanilla dress (apparently a lady named Jeanne Hebutern,) I made this happen:



And so. Now you see. You say "Tilda Swinton," I say "Lady in the vanilla dress."

And thank you for reading this exciting account of how my brain works and why.

1 comment:

Bakin Rapscallion said...

Ask Bex what time it is...and she'll make you a watch...well done.